Preparing Your Program for 2019
How do you not only discover, but maximize the services and benefits by partnering with a fluid analysis laboratory and ensure it’s a positive addition to your preventive maintenance program? If your organization is partnering with a fluid analysis laboratory, it is important to examine what value-add services they offer and what you are actually paying for.
- What software applications (technology) they offer?
- What test packages are available?
- What training services are offered?
- Do they have industry accreditations?
- Is there accessibility to communicating to relevant service personnel?
Having support from a trusted laboratory partner can help maximize these services and at the same time, educate members your maintenance team to utilize the available resources. At the end of day, you want to maximize the return on your investment which means your equipment’s of fluid’s life.
Steps to a Successful Program
A successful preventive maintenance program requires the following:
- Leadership | We call this a Program Champion. A Program Champion is preventive maintenance professional who provides buy-in about the wellbeing of their equipment – while providing leadership and accountability for a successful program.
- Goals | Establish realistic goals and an organized plan on how to achieve them in a timely manner.
- Education | Train your maintenance team on what is to be expected and what results need to achieved.
- Testing Capabilities | Access to the available test packages – and knowing what packages you need – will benefit your maintenance program.
After your program is established – you need to maintain it.
- Continuous Training | Have scheduled conversations with key members of your maintenance team and use the information or resources the laboratory has available.
- Transparency | Ask for input from your maintenance team – this will generate interest in the program and foster an atmosphere for everyone to contribute and succeed.
- Celebrate | Share your success stories and celebrate wins with your team.
- Utilize Resources | If you have additional questions, contact a representative from your fluid analysis provider and remember this is one of the value-add services available to you.
Positive Program Standards for 2019
When you start planning for 2019, it’s important to re-evaluate and establish your program goals, provide continuous training, ensure you have all the requirements for a successful program and are utilize the value-add services available to you. By working together with your maintenance team, upper management and your fluid analysis provider – your program will succeed. Utilize this practice with other service providers who are components of your preventive maintenance program moving forward in the new year.
Proven Impact. Proven Uptime. Proven Savings.
Let us prove it to you.