Navigating your way through the chaos of tradeshows can be daunting. I understand, believe me. With as many tradeshows as I’ve attended and booths I’ve organized, I’ve picked up a few tips I can share on making the most of the experience. All I ask in return is that you keep an eye out for POLARIS Laboratories® next time you’re wandering through an exhibit hall.
They key to successfully navigating a tradeshow is to ensure you maximize your limited time by making meaningful introductions and visiting with important contacts you already have. Always enter a tradeshow with a mission: follow these suggestions to get started:
- Plan your route. Before you step foot in the exhibition room, take a look at the layout and determine what booths you have to visit and who you want to learn more about.
- Prioritize. What do you want to achieve from attending the tradeshow? While you’re waiting for your plane to take off or riding the shuttle to the event, outline and prioritize your goals.
- Know your questions. Whether you have scheduled a private appointment with a vendor or are just stopping by a booth, know what questions you need answered and have them ready.
- Take notes. Whether you’re using an iPad or gathering old fashioned business cards, taking notes is the best way to ensure you don’t forget anything valuable.
- Think it through. Before making any hasty decisions about a product or service, take time to think about how the service will help you improve your business. It is okay to close with plans for a follow up post-show.
- You don’t have to go it alone. If there’s someone in your company that could benefit from obtaining new information, bring them along!
- Have fun. Tradeshows are an exciting learning opportunity and a great way to make new contacts in the industry. Plus, who doesn’t love to be away from the office for just a little bit?
You can visit the POLARIS Laboratories® booth at the International Maintenance Conference in Bonita Springs, Florida from December 12 to 16. Look for booth #415. Hope to see you there!
Proven Impact. Proven Uptime. Proven Savings.
Let us prove it to you.