Tips For Getting Your Sample Results Timely
We know how important it is to get your sample results back in a timely manner. Once we receive your package, we strive to achieve a sample turnaround time of 1 to 2 business days for most routine oil, diesel and coolant testing. If you haven’t received your sample results within a week, please contact us. Your customer service team is here to help! If you are concerned with not receiving your results, there are several factors that come into play.
Where in the world is your sample? (quite literally)
A good place to start is to make sure your package containing your sample was delivered to our laboratory. Here are a few tips on shipping, depending on which service you choose:
- UPS or FedEx: If you sent your package via one of these services, check to see the status using the carrier website. UPS and FedEx deliver packages right to our laboratory doors several times a day and we sign for all packages received.
- United States Postal Service (USPS): This service does not track deliveries to our door. Their tracking service will show when the package was delivered to the post office, but it may take significantly longer to process our packaged mail for pickup.
The best way to ensure your samples have been received is to be proactive with your HORIZON® account and set up alerts for when your samples are logged and are awaiting laboratory testing. Setup up this alert under “My Settings” and know exactly when your sample arrives. Check out the video tutorial in the HORIZON technical library, it demonstrates how to setup real-time, daily or weekly summary Sample Receipt Alerts.
You’ve confirmed we have your sample in our laboratory, what else could it be?
- Make sure your HORIZON account is activated and you have set up your password (your welcome email might be stuck in your email spam filter.)
- Ensure we have the correct email address on file, there might have been an error due to a typo in your email address when processing your sample.
- Double check to see if you have access to the account the sample was logged in to.
- For various reasons, your sample may have been placed on hold and you did not receive the email notification (samples are only held for 30 days, so don’t wait to contact us!)
Please contact us to check in on your sample and sample results and we will do our best to assist you.